Shelter Cove Fishing Preservation Inc provides tractor service to launch trailered boats at our Shelter Cove boat ramp. We would be happy to Launch and retrieve you any day of the week!
The self-launch of boats is allowed at the public use boat ramp. However, there are challenges with this.
Due to the low slope at the ramp area, and the ever changing tides, simple back-up launches with a car or truck is not usually possible, especially with larger boats.
More information about the boat ramp with lots of pictures can be found at the Shelter Cove Boat Ramp Page here.
We also provide monthly boat storage with water hook-ups.
- LAUNCH RULES AND GUIDELINES
- DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID 19 PANDEMIC WE HAVE ADOPTED THESE NEW GUIDELINES UNTIL THE COUNTY’S “SHELTER IN PLACE” ORDER IS LIFTED.
- 1. Social distancing guidelines set by the Humboldt County Health Department of Health and Human Services must be followed.
- This includes:
- People must be able to maintain 6 ft. of distance from each other
- These rules are in accordance with the county’s shelter in place order and failure to follow them will result in closure of launch operations
- ALL TRAILERS need operational side bunks and operational winch with safety chains on the boat and trailer. You will Not be launched if these items are not in functional condition. It’s for the protection of the tractor drivers and boat owners
Boat Launch Hours: 7am to 4pm 7 Days per Week*
Cost to Launch (includes retrieval): $35.00.
The office may be reached at: 707 986-1400
The local Marine VHF radio Channel 68 is also used to contact the Launch facility during opperation and for pick-up.
* The Launch service is closed when weather conditions are hazardous and no boats are launched. Check the weather forecasts before you plan
Boat storage and parking is available for $50. per month and includes water at each site.
We are looking for a tractor driver who can work 30-40hrs a week starting ASAP through at least the end of September. Pay starts at $14 an hour. If you’re interested please contact us or swing by the office to grab an application.